November 1, 2011
From a sunny and colorful Belgium, we made our way over to a dark and cold Norway.
Highlights from this trip:
- Walking around clean, empty streets
- Eating McDonald’s for three days b/c Oslo is just too damn expensive (Chicken nuggets, fries, and a med coke? $12.)
- The park with the weird statues that could only be described as campy
- Glowing at the Olso Opera House
- Eating tons of the addictive Norwegian chocolate (It wasn’t overly sweet, so you could finish a whole huge bar of it in one sitting.) MELKESJOKOLADE, anyone?! HELNOTT??
- How the city incorporated all the beautiful surrounding nature into its wonderful architecture
- Resting. We were all exhausted from all the fast-paced traveling.
- Re-wearing things in creative ways (the glamorous part of traveling)
- Most of my Oslo photos went missing. From then on I’m resolved to tripe check to make sure everything transferred over to my hard drive. (I borrowed a lot of Aileen‘s photos for the post)
Final consensus: Olso is beautiful but fudging expensive. Everyone is gorgeous and blonde. Not sure I would ever want to live here, but would definitely want to revisit to see all the mountains and lakes properly.